Tigers Martial Arts Program
The Synergy Tiger Martial Arts Program caters for children aged from 3 years to 15 years.
Our program focuses not only on each child’s technical ability, we will also help to improve their attention, coordination, discipline and self-confidence. The program is designed to develop their overall health and fitness and is broken up into 3 sections.
Tiny Tigers (3 to 7 years) – Focussing on gross motor skills and instilling the basics of martial arts including discipline and focus. Our drills are taught in a fun, age-appropriate way while providing the building blocks for further development.
Tigers (7 to 11 years) – We work on fine tuning techniques and introduce more complex drills including boxing and grappling. We focus on self-defence using martial arts skills and building self-confidence in our students.
Black Tigers (11 to 15 years) – At this age we teach skills in all areas of MMA. We continue to work on building self-confidence in these teens, and incorporate more strength and fitness into their classes. These students work on the same drills and combinations that our adults do, making the transition to the adult MMA class seamless and less daunting.
Find out more about our programs:
Meet our Tigers Head Coach Kerstin
Kerstin Oberprieler joined Synergy as our Tigers Head Coach in 2020. Kerstin has been studying martial arts for 20 years and has taught children, teenagers and adults for over 15 years. She brings experience, passion and energy to our program. Some of Kerstin’s achievements include:
Black belt rankings
• 5th Dan Taekwondo
• 4th Dan Kyusho Jitsu
• 1st Dan Kenpo Karata
• Blue belt Brazilian Jujitsu
• Kung Fu, white shirt
• 5 x Australian representative in Taekwondo
• Silver medallist at Commonwealth Taekwondo Union
• State and National Champion in Sparring, Poomsae and Board Breaking
• Coach for Australian Taekwondo Team in 2010
• State and National Poomsae official and judge
• Australian National University Half Blue Sports Award 2009 and Full Blue Sports Award 2010
• Young Canberran of the Year 2009 nomination and Young Canberra of the Year Group Award for teaching martial arts to the community
• Secretary for the Kyusho Australia Board
• Member of the National Taekwondo Australia Technical Committee
• State Technical Director for Australian Capital Territory
• Kerstin has recently achieved her PhD